21K Digital Media mentoring programme is innovative and aims to provide Career Development Support using a various methods.
21K Digital Media mentors aim to help individuals achieve their personal and career development goals through the use of Information Communication Technology and face-to-face counselling. The advancement of the Internet and technology has enabled communication on a global scale in real time. We plan to use this method so that users to our service can communicate with mentors and benefit from their wealth of knowledge and experience to make a decision on the Career Paths that they feel best suited to them.
Although Technology is helping many individuals to improve their quality of life there are some sections of our community who do not benefit. Those are the ones who are on low income, unemployed and are socially disadvantaged to the use of Information Communication Technology.
21K Digital Media will assist this specific group to embrace and use technology to develop their skills and knowledge thus preparing them for the 21st Century workforce and enabling them to increase their earning to improve their quality of life.
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is defined as:-
- A structured one-to-one relationship or partnership that focuses on the needs of the mentored participant
- A supportive relationship sustained over a period of time, usually between a learner and an expert
A Mentoring Relationship
- Encourages individuals to develop to their full potential
- Helps an individual to develop his/her vision for the future
- Helps develop active community partnerships
- Breaks down perceived barriers